Tor.com is very excited to offer a free download of the 2016 edition of Some of the Best from Tor.com, an anthology of 25 of our favorite short stories and novelettes from the last year. Readers worldwide can download the ebook for free by signing up for the Tor.com Publishing newsletter from 12:00 P.M. EST on January 10th until 11:59 A.M. EST on January 17th.
Of course, you can always enjoy all of our free weekly short stories by visiting Tor.com’s fiction index. These stories were acquired and edited for Tor.com by Ellen Datlow, Ann VanderMeer, Carl Engle-Laird, Liz Gorinsky, Patrick Nielsen Hayden, Justin Landon, Diana Pho, and Miriam Weinberg. Each story is accompanied by an original illustration.
Learn more below!
- “Clover” Charlie Jane Anders
- “The Art of Space Travel” Nina Allan
- “The Destroyer” Tara Isabella Burton
- “Traumphysik” Monica Byrne
- “The High Lonesome Frontier” Rebecca Campbell
- “Lullaby for a Lost World” Aliette de Bodard
- “A Dead Djinn in Cairo” P. Djeli Clark
- “Breaking Water” Indrapramit Das
- “Autobiography of a Traitor and a Half-Savage” Alix E. Harrow
- “The City Born Great” N. K. Jemisin
- “Everything That Isn’t Winter” Margaret Killjoy
- “The Weight of Memories” Cixin Liu, translated by Ken Liu
- “The Maiden Thief” Melissa Marr
- “The Caretakers” David Nickle
- “Your Orisons May Be Recorded” Laurie Penny
- “meat+drink” Daniel Polansky
- “The Three Lives of Sonata James” Lettie Prell
- “The Great Detective” Delia Sherman
- “Finnegan’s Field” Angela Slatter
- “The Weather” Caighlan Smith
- “Terminal” Lavie Tidhar
- “Her Scales Shine Like Music” Rajnar Vajra
- “La beauté sans vertu” Genevieve Valentine
- “That Game We Played During the War” Carrie Vaughn
- “A Fist of Permutations in Lightning and Wildflowers” Alyssa Wong
◊ ◊ ◊
About the Tor.com Publishing Newsletter:
This monthly newsletter includes the latest updates on Tor.com Publishing titles from authors like Nnedi Okorafor, Seanan McGuire, Malka Older, Charles Stross, and many more, including excerpts, sweepstakes, exclusive content, and author features.
How to Redeem:
To redeem the free ebook edition of Some of the Best from Tor.com: Visit this link between noon (12:00 P.M. EST) on Tuesday, January 10th, and 11:59 A.M. EST on Tuesday, January 17th to sign up for the Tor.com Publishing newsletter and download the DRM-free ebook. This offer is available globally.